Sunday 22 April 2012

My Dirty Little Secret

I have a dirty little secret. Or technically, I guess, a clean one.

Lurking at the back of Josh's chest of drawers are 5 beautiful, pristine, reusable nappies, the ones that I bought to try cloth nappies before splashing out on a full set. And no, they're not pristine because I am a super-mum, busy scrubbing and bleaching them back to perfection after every use. And strangely they're not pristine because I don't fancy washing them when they get dirty or because I don't have time to use them. They're pristine because I'm scared.



The problem is that I don't have the sizing figured out yet. The Smartipants ones just have poppers but I can't seem to find a setting for the poppers which fastens him up snuggly without being too tight. Perhaps he's in between popper settings right now? The other brand I have are Fuzzibunz which are a little more adjustable since they have elastic on the legs and waist which you can expand and contract depending on the size of your baby. Again, when I put this on I ended up with a slightly loose nappy.



Since Josh is going through a slightly runny poo stage (sorry, TMI!), I'm scared of leakage all over his clothes, which even happens with disposables which always seem snug!

In all honesty I do think they'll work. The feedback on cloth nappies is excellent, I just need to get into the swing of things. Since it is Cloth Nappy Week this week, I am going to kick start my cloth nappy campaign in earnest. Josh has almost grown out of his current baby grows so...it's as good a time as any right?

If you want to find out more about Cloth Nappies, take a look at the Real Nappy website.

1 comment:

  1. just seems to be lots of leakage in the early days as they are so small and wiggly

    ReplyDelete