Monday 7 May 2012

12 Weeks Postpartum

Wow...12 weeks. Nearly 3 months. My life has changed incredibly since Josh arrived. I've sat here for an hour trying to figure out what I can say to mark this occasion. The last 3 months have been the best, the worst, the hardest of my life. They have also been full of amazing moments. Some of the ones that I want to remember forever are...
  • The first smiles. His smile is so amazing that I spend half the day trying to coax one :)
  • The first laugh (just yesterday!), brought about by shaking pistachio shells in a jar...who'd have thought?
  • Gaining head control. He pushes himself away from my chest to look around and has recently started doing mini push ups and looking around. He did that for the first time at baby massage last week and it was wonderful. Here's Little Monster in action.

  • Learning to suck his thumb (in a few years we'll probably be cursing his attachment to it!)
  • Starting to talk. I might add a short video when I get a chance. It's just wonderful having conversations of 'oooh' and 'ooahh' with him

To mark Little Monster's 12 weeks, here are my... 

12 Weeks Postpartum
In the first week postpartum, my baby gave to me, a very, very full nappy
In the second week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the third week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 3 sleepless nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the fourth week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepless nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the fifth week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 5 little smiles! 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepless nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the sixth week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 6 feeds a day, 5 little smiles! 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepless nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the seventh week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 7 soulful stares, 6 feeds a day, 5 little smiles! 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepness nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the eighth week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 8 cooing noises, 7 soulful stares, 6 feeds a day, 5 little smiles! 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepness nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the ninth week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 9 new things daily, 8 cooing noises, 7 soulful stares, 6 feeds a day, 5 little smiles! 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepness nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the tenth week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 10 tummy time minutes, 9 new things daily, 8 cooing noises, 7 soulful stares, 6 feeds a day, 5 little smiles! 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepness nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the eleventh week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 11 loads of washing, 10 tummy time minutes, 9 new things daily, 8 cooing noises, 7 soulful stares, 6 feeds a day, 5 little smiles! 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepness nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy
In the twelth week postpartum, my baby gave to me, 12 hours of sleep, 11 loads of washing, 10 tummy time minutes, 9 new things daily, 8 cooing noises, 7 soulful stares, 6 feeds a day, 5 little smiles! 4 daytime naps, 3 sleepness nights, 2 teary days and a very, very full nappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment